26 February 2014

Face, reptopology and symmetry

 

I have added more detail to the camels face, using previous reference images. Some areas could do with extra smoothing such as the jaw but for now this level of detail will suffice.

I currently need to retopologise my model since the mirroring is slightly skewed meaning the sculpt isn't symetrical. I will probably retopologise using the curve tool as this will mean I can determine the direction I want my polygons to flow instead of letting Mudbox do this for me which will create a less desirable effect

 

Here I have retopologised the first subdivision by selecting two adjacent faces and setting the topological axis and then selecting one side of the face then right clicking mirror on the layer to flip it.
An issue I am having however is that it will only mirror my first layer but not the higher levels of detail without getting errors because these layers also need to be mirrored and I am unsure on how to fix this.

UPDATE:

 

On collapsing the layers I have been able to mirror the sculpt allowing symmetry. The main drawback to this is that the previous low poly sculpt has been lost however I can still retopologise the sculpt and bake the detail.

I am now adding the extra layers of detail such as fur and have made a brush for this from the mudbox preset stamp of lines edited to be more linear and fur like. After this I will start painting colours into the sculpt.

No comments:

Post a Comment