11 February 2014

Pirette Ideas

Started by finding stock images in various poses, put them together then filled in the silhouette. After this I drew where the bones would roughly be to make sure that everything was in proportion.

I then found images of different styles of clothes and hair and drew them onto the silhouettes so I have a clear comparison and can gauge what works well so I can mix and match. I wanted to use a sail for at least one item of clothing for each design.
The first is wearing typical 18th century pirate clothes but with a poncho made from a sail, as poncho's are from South America I think this works fairly well. Might change some aspects of it like the placement of the stitching, length and hole though. Hairstyle is a fishtail plait to fit in with the nautical theme.
The second is wearing a cape (made from a sail), bucket boots with 'butterflies' (I might put a skull and crossbones on these as it'd fit well with the shape). Not sure what exactly to call the hairstyle, plaits pulled across from one side of the head to the other? This one doesn't look particularly interesting but I think I'll use the bucket boots for the final design.
The third design ended up with all of the not-so-great ideas, they have a sail skirt, some boots, a 18th century coat-thing the hair is messy and windswept with shells and bits of rope etc in it.
Fourth design is wearing a sail dress tied with rope and pirate coat and typical 18th century buckled shoes. Thought it might look interesting to put them in a powdered wig but have their own hair escaping it.
I will most likely combine 1 and 4 with 2's shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment