29 April 2014

Dinobird: Sorting Out UV's

Today I have had a lot of issues with Mudbox starting from the retopology tools not working (I would select a target poly count etc and Mudbox would process the retopology process however the end result would very clearly not be retopologised as the poly count and layout would remain identical as though it had just been duplicated. I also had issues with importing UV's not replacing the Mudbox generated UV's, this appears to be due to a slight UV overlap which has since been fixed however the version of Mudbox on the university machines still has issues with retopology and I still can't access the mudbox community or use the image browser so I will be doing the majority of texture painting using my copy of Mudbox 2015.

In Roadkill I cut out the UV's and adjusted them so all were selected

In Maya I then relaxed and used 'layout' so the UV's fit the UV space more effectively

Painted in some flat base textures, when I can use the image browser I will be able to get a better effect

No comments:

Post a Comment