24 April 2014

Dinobird Progress

 
 
I have been looking at the structure of wings such as where the bones are, the arangement of the feathers and how the feathers sit when the wings are in different poses such as being folded. The bottom image is particulary helpful as it outlines the base shape required in the geometry and shows where overlaps are on a folded wing which will be the pose of my model. I may redo the wings in a way that would allow me to animate them to realistically relfect the folds of a birds wings since this would be an interesting study of anatomy and would be good practice for making game ready models.

 

Today I altered the geometry to match the reference images better, I will need to find a feather stamp to add the details of the feather in, alternatively I could create my own feather stamp in Photoshop however I will need to watch some tutorials first to ensure less mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment