30 August 2015

WT: Update

Done some more to the warlock town, added the small tower/building within the castle walls, remade the towers as my previous ones had a really strange poly which couldn't be bevelled or deleted and it was easier to just make a new tower (Maya 2016 bug I guess??). Fixed some issues with the walls and created an archway. Might make them thicker to seem more robust. Also made a base, though it looks more cliff like here I'm thinking of going for a hill to set it more apart from the existing Haven town.


Some buildings might not be a part of the final model, I'd like to keep the dragon tower and mage guild as I think both incorporate well. I think there needs to be less space behind the wall so the castle should take up more room and have more components

 For the painted townscreen I'm thinking I will leave that till latter as it isn't overly necessary as I could always use Heroes II's Warlock screen as a placeholder if needed while I work on my own one. Also it requires finishing the castle model and making a few extras to render and paint over. Once I've got the castle completed the rest should come together quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment