7 May 2014

Dinobird: Render


Renders of the bat wings using Maya mentalray.


Renders of the feathered wings, again using mentalray in Maya.

I'm not sure which of the two I prefer, the feathered wings blend in with the rest of the model better than the membrane wings and I also feel that I have painted and textured them to a higher level than the membrane wings, they also add more colour however the membrane wings have a much more prehistoric look to them.

For now this is finished however I plan to still work on this model and add alpha mapped feather textured planes to blend the wings and the body better and also some long colourful feathers maybe on the end of the tail and at the back of the head to give more detail. I plan to do the same with the camel model.

No comments:

Post a Comment