14 May 2012

Creepy Rabbit

Concept for a creepy rabbit. I started out by sketching out the basic form of the rabbits skeleton because I wasn't sure how I was going to approach this and was thinking of making it somewhat skeletal at the time. I made the legs longer to make it seem weird and unnatural, and also stretched out the tail though this has made it look slightly kangaroo-like. I decided against the tail and used a more familiar rabbit like tail so that it was more obvious its supposed to be a rabbit. I added shape to the bone structure and then added shading on another layer and details like the eye, teeth, spine and claws on another. I then added a colour layer making the rabbit brown with a white tail, then added small amounts of green in areas to give it a mutated, diseased like feel. I also coloured the eye red like an albino rabbit. On top of this I added a fur texture and then added tufts of fur using a small semi-transparent brush in areas to give a moth-eaten effect and to make the texture blend in better.

No comments:

Post a Comment